WordPress is the most popular content management platform that is being used by more than 23% of the top 10 million websites today. Though it was started just as a blogging platform, it has been the first choice for most of the web developers these days. All because of its outstanding features and the flexibility it offers to the users. With all these advantages, the platform is also vulnerable to attacks and it been the main target for hackers. Keeping your WordPress updated would keep your site secure while also offering wide range of benefits.
Here are a few reasons to have the updated version of WordPress:
- Security: As already told, WordPress has been the main target for hackers; they are finding new ways to get into your site and insert some malicious content to the site which causes some serious impacts like data loss, site downtime and other things that takes a huge effort, money and time to fix it. Keeping the WordPress updated will avoid such things happening on your site and ensures your site’s security.
- Performance: Another main advantage of updating the WordPress is the performance; having the latest version of the WordPress, you site performs exactly in the way you want it to be.
- Bug fixes: This is quite obvious; every updated version will have some or the other minor or major bug fixes. The new updates make your WordPress site stable and bug free. For instance, WordPress version 3.8.3 came up with a fix for the bug associated with “quick draft” tool.
- User experience: The updates make the content management platform much more efficient, quick and easy to use while encouraging the users to interact with your site more.
- New features: Updating the WordPress version gives you access to use new features. The recent releases of WordPress include the improvements made on the UX of admin screen and accessibility. It’s just that, keeping the things up-to-date gives you the access to latest goodies.
- Future-proofing: At some point you will be bound to make some changes on your site. But the changes you wish to bring on your site might require the latest version of WordPress. For example, few plugins work well only on the newer versions. If you don’t update the WordPress for a year or two, you are more likely to suffer with some major disruption as the minor issues might get intertwined with the time and it takes a great effort and time to get it fixed.
Fortune Innovations is one of the leading WordPress development firms in Toronto having expertise on creating websites using innovative ideas and latest technologies. We design enticing user interfaces that are minimalistic, neat and creative. We work in coordination with our clients, helping them to create performance driven websites. Join your hands with us for your next project and make the best use of our services.