Toronto: With lots of photo editing apps available on Play Store, Instagram is more likely to be ignored by the users. So Instagram is now focusing on allowing users to edit and share their pictures in the shortest amount of time. In the earlier versions of Instagram, all that you were doing was clicking a photo and uploading it on Instagram. Later, the app used to give you a few options to edit your pictures followed by captioning and adding the location. But now the app has rolled out a new Quick Edit feature which lets you work faster. With the latest Instagram update (version 7.3.0), the new Quick Edit feature has been added on to the Android app.
How does the new feature work?
- In the older versions of Instagram, the users had to click a picture and select the required filter before moving on to the final post screen on the app.
- But now with the latest update, the users will be taken to the filter adjustment page directly after clicking the picture where they can choose the required filter just by swiping left or right across the screen.
- The users can also tap on “Edit” button in the bottom left which provides them with few more editing tools.
- There is also a tag button in the bottom right of the image using which you can tag other users.
- The new edit screen also shows up few nearby locations to choose from. It works only if the GPS service is turned on in the device. You can type the exact location if the suggested location seems to be wrong.
Instagram has also included a search bar on its website bringing it closer to the mobile equivalent. When the users log on to their Instagram accounts, they will find a search bar on the top which can be used to search profiles, hashtags, images or videos based on the location. It also gives a dropdown of suggestions related to the search term given by the users.
It’s also been noticed that Instagram is now allowing the users to upload and view the images of high resolution (1080 x 1080 pixels). But before the update, the app was supporting the resolution of just 640 x 640 pixels. Instagram already has around 300 million active users across the world and more than 70 million photos are being shared on the site each day. Now with recently made improvements, the company believes that the number increases even more until it becomes a competitor of the social media site Twitter.
Are you planning to hire mobile apps developers or to outsource Android development in Toronto? Don’t worry! Fortune Innovations is a one-stop solution for all your digital needs. We are very much concerned about the clients’ contentment as we are aware that even our success depends on it. Our masterly developers assist you from the beginning till the end of the project. Bring it to us if you have any requisites on mobile application development.